How do I transfer a domain to ORC Webhosting?
Please note: To transfer your domain name (Domain Transfer), you need to unlock your domain (transfer lock) and get the EPP code. This must be done through your current registrar. Request the transfer code, also called AUTH or EPP code, from your current registrar. You should receive it within 1-2 days by email or mail.
We have compiled documentation on AUTH code and transfer here: All about domain transfer
These are none Terms and conditions of ORC Webhosting, they are governed by ICANN defined - (external link).
How can I transfer my domain?
- Make sure that the domain is UNLOCKED. "Unlocked" means that the transfer lock has been removed.
- Obtain the transfer code (also called authorization code or EPP code) from your current registrar.
- Check the domain's contacts and make sure that you can receive an email to the email address of the administrative contact for the domain. If you change the contact information, the Domain to be locked for 60 days - see warning above. In this case, you can complete the transfer only after the expiry of this period.
- Log in to your ORC Webhosting Customer Area and click in the left menu on Domains > Transfer domain. If you do not have a customer account with us yet, you can register here register free of charge and without obligation.
Enter the domain name you want to transfer. Under the input field appears the domain with the transfer price and next to it the TRANSFER button. Click on the blue transfer button.
The domain has been added to the shopping cart. Now click on the green button "Order selected domain".
3. now enter the transfer code in the field provided and click on "Next" to complete the process. Optionally, you still have the possibility to order a web hosting if you don't have one yet.
After you have been to the checkout, your domain transfer will be started. We will send you an email informing you that the domain transfer has been started.
Domain transfer started. What is the next step?
Depending on the domain extension (e.g. .com or .net), you will receive an additional e-mail from the registry with a link that you must use to confirm the transfer of the domain. This confirmation must be made within 15 days.
After activating the domain transfer, the transfer should normally be completed within 1 hour to five days and will be displayed as active status in your customer area.
If the transfer fails because the domain was not prepared correctly for transfer, we will notify you immediately.
Why am I being charged for domain transfer?
When transferring a .com, .net, or even many other extensions, the domain will be extended for another year. This year is added to the expiration date of your domain, so you don't lose time you have already paid for.
For example, if 6 months before your next domain renewal you go to ORC Web Hosting change, you will be charged for an additional year. Once the domain name has been transferred, your domain name will not need to be renewed for 1 year and 6 months.
Free domain transfer like .ch or .li
Domain endings like .ch or .li are not charged. The transfer of the domain is free of charge. However, these domains are not renewed for one year, but the remaining term is taken over. The synchronization of the renewal date takes place after successful transfer.
For example, if you switch to ORC Web Hosting 8 months before your next domain renewal, you won't have to renew your domain name for 8 months. The same term as with your previous registrar will remain.
If you have any questions or problems with a domain transfer, please contact our Support Team. We will be happy to help you. Our team is at your disposal around the clock.
Register a domain cheaply
Your Buy desired domain you with ORC Webhosting with a few clicks to the permanently favorable price